Digital Marketing BOOT CAMP #NextBigThing
Thursday, April 16th 9 to 4 p.m., at Syracuse Oncenter. (check in 8:30 a.m.)
Why go? Walk through today’s digital marketing world with a focus on what you need to know about upcoming trends from national industry experts.
- The Next Big Thing in Google Advertising. Sheldon Bernstein, Sales Strategy & Enablement – Channel Partnerships at Google, will speak about Google’s future plans and upcoming trends.
- Audience Targeting. Millions of people go to websites every day to search for things, read stories, check email, sports scores, weather, stock quotes and more. You can use that data to micro-target your customers based on the things they are interested in. How can you evaluate whether the company you hire to do audience targeting for you is equipped to do that? This session will be presented by Jeff Sutton, Director of Audience Targeting with Advance Digital. Jeff works with clients and partners across the US to help craft Audience Targeting strategies and solutions that deliver results.
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO) and Social Media. Review best practices to increase traffic to your website, how to combine SEO and social media for a total package, plus a look at Google’s latest algorithm update. This session will be presented by Matt Bonofiglio, Advance Digital Senior Sales Manager/SMO. With nearly 20 years of experience in the media industry, Matt has conducted numerous training sessions on SEO and Social best practices and basic principles.
- Search Engine Marketing (SEM). How do you know you have a good SEM campaign? Learn how to optimize it with best practices, learn the evolution of search as people rely more and more on paid advertising to connect with customers. This session will be presented by Jeff Morton, Director of Search with Advance Digital. Jeff works with sales leadership at Advance Digitalproperties to help them leverage powerful Search Engine MarketingPay-per-Click capabilities.
- Mobile and Video. Did you know where most people watch video today? Can you survive a day without your smartphone? What does that mean to today’s marketers? Find out how to get your story to the growing mobile and video-viewing audiences. This session will be presented by Mike Donoghue, Vice President of Advance Digital. Mike is responsible for digital strategy, innovation and development of multi-platform news and information products.
- Google Analytics 101 and 201. How do people find your website and what do they do once they’re there? What is the most popular page? Where do people leave your site? We’re offering two class levels for whatever stage you’re at in the Google Analytics world. The 201 session will look at conversion goal reporting and the goals available in Google Analytics: Destination, Duration, Pages/Screens and Event – how to set them up and why you should use them. These sessions will be presented by Lily Kirov, Syracuse Media Group Director of Digital Account Strategy. Lily is a “digital evangelist” who is a Google Analytics Qualified Individual certification and has worked in the digital marketing arena the past five years.
- Lunch and Parking. Lunch and parking are included. You will dine at a table with an assigned marketing topic, so you can choose your topic to discuss with marketing consultants and learn from each other throughout lunch. No break in the action on this day! Syracuse Oncenter, 800 South State Street, Syracuse, NY.
SO YOU GOT A NEW TABLET WORKSHOP Each month we offer two 90-minute sessions that focus on how to use your iPad, Android or Kindle Fire tablet.
The free workshops are held at Syracuse Media Group’s offices at 220 South Warren St. (corner of Warren and Fayette) in downtown Syracuse.
Syracuse Media Group staffers will show you how to register for and navigate the ePost-Standard; shoot and share photos and videos; discover and download useful apps; and connect with family and friends on Facebook.
Upcoming session: Friday, March 20th 10 to 11:30 a.m.
Space is limited. For more information or to make a reservation, please call 315-703-1705.